Prices (Minimum Hire is 1 Hour):
Canoes: £16/hr (2 & 3 Person)
Canoe: £17/hr (4 Person)
Buoyancy jackets are available free of charge.
We are now CLOSED for the season, we open again on 30th March 2024
Thank you to everyone who has visited us this year, we look forward to seeing you next year.
The minimum age to hire is 16 years old. If there is a group of people at least one person must be 16 or older. There is no minimum age to be on a boat but young children & babies must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Please note we do not hire out boats in extreme weather or stormy conditions.
The minimum hire is 1 hour. If you are coming at the end of the day, make sure you turn up at least 1 hour before closing time. If there are boats available just less than 1 hour before closing, we may be able to offer a half hour hire. On busy days if boats are queued up we may not have availability, so the earlier you turn up the more chance you will have.
Conditions of Hire:
- We are unable to hire to children under 16 years of age unless accompanied by an adult.
- Hirers are responsible for all loss or damage to the boat or its accessories whilst in their charge.
- Hirers must stay with the boat at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse hire if individuals are, in our opinion, under the influence of alcohol or drugs for safety reasons.
- Boats may be hired for a minimum of 1 hour. Rowboats are limited to 2 hours hire at weekends and Bank Holidays.
- All boats must be returned to Galleon Marine Boatyard on time.
- Boats that are returned late are charged at double the stated rate to the next hour.
- No Fishing is allowed from boats.
- The Canal: The manner in which the boats are used is outside our control, but please exercise care as the Canal is about 1.3 meters deep.
- Swimming in the canal is not recommended for health reasons.
- Keep Clear of the large John Pinkerton II trip boat & work barges.
- Boaters should keep to the right when passing other boats.