We are now CLOSED for the season, we open again on 30th March 2024
Thank you to everyone who visited us in 2023, we look forward to seeing you this year.
The minimum age to hire is 16 years old. If there is a group of people at least one person must be 16 or older. There is no minimum age to be on a boat but young children & babies must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Please note we do not hire out boats in extreme weather or stormy conditions.
The minimum hire is 1 hour. If you are coming at the end of the day, make sure you turn up at least 1 hour before closing time. On busy days if boats are queued up we may not have availability, so the earlier you turn up the more chance you will have. Alternatively you can book and reserve your boat online.
Conditions of Hire:
- We are unable to hire to children under 16 years of age unless accompanied by an adult.
- Hirers are responsible for all loss or damage to the boat or its accessories whilst in their charge.
- Hirers must stay with the boat at all times.
- We reserve the right to refuse hire if individuals are, in our opinion, under the influence of alcohol or drugs for safety reasons.
- Boats may be hired for a minimum of 1 hour.
- All boats must be returned to Galleon Marine Boatyard on time.
- Boats that are returned late are charged at double the stated rate to the next hour.
- No Fishing is allowed from boats.
- The Canal: The manner in which the boats are used is outside our control, but please exercise care as the Canal is about 1.3 meters deep.
- Swimming in the canal is not recommended for health reasons.
- Keep Clear of the large John Pinkerton II trip boat & work barges.
- Boaters should keep to the right when passing other boats.
Slipway for boats:
If you want to slip your own boat into the canal we make a charge £5 for kayaks, canoes and rowboats and £10 for motor boats. It is not possible to leave your trailer or car with us so you will need to make arrangements to park it somewhere else. You will need to complete your day trip within our opening hours 10.30am to 5pm (4pm September to October). You will need a license to use your own boat on the canal and will need to show it to us before ‘slipping in’.
Small Boat Hire
Small boat hire by the hour. We have Rowboats, Kayaks, Canoes and small electric powered boats available to hire on the Basingstoke Canal, which runs through Surrey and Hampshire. Boat hire starts and returns to our base in Odiham near Hook.